NRCN Trials in Leicester
- HYMN (opened June 2010 in Leicester). A randomised controlled Phase III trial comparing hyperthermia plus mitomycin to a second course of BCG or standard therapy in patients with recurrence of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer following induction or maintenance BCG therapy.
- BOXIT (opened June 2010 in Leicester). A randomised Phase III placebo-controlled trial evaluating the addition of celecoxib to standard treatment of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder.
- SORCE. A Phase III randomised controlled study comparing sorafenib with placebo in patients with resected primary renal cell carcinoma at high or intermediate risk of relapse.
- PATCH. Prostate adenocarcinoma: trans-cutaneous hormones. A Phase II/III randomised controlled trial of transcutaneous oestrogen patches versus LHRH analogues in prostate cancer.
- TPF. A Phase II trial of docetaxel, cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil chemotherapy (TPF) in locally-advanced and metastatic carcinoma of the penis.
- UK Genetics of Testicular Cancer Study. This study aims to determine more about the causes of testicular cancer and to idenitfy testicular germ cell susceptibitlity genes.
- UKGPCS. UK Genetic Prostate Cancer Study. The UKGPCS was set up to find genetic alterations which occur in patients who have prostate cancer. Men are eligible to take part if they have been diagnosed with prostate cancer at 60 years of age of under (up to their 60th birthday) and:
- they and a first-degree relative (brother, father or son) both have prostate cancer and at least one of these men was diagnosed at 65 years of age or under
- they are affected and have 3 or more cases of prostate cancer in their family
- they are a prostate cancer patient at the Royal Marsden NHS Trust
Non-NCRN Trials in Leicester
- RAPOR. A single-centre randomised placebo-controlled trial to evaluate allopurinol in the prevention of tumour recurrence in patients with superficial bladder cancer.
- TIVO-1. A Phase III randomised controlled multi-centre open-label study to compare tivozanib (AV-951) to sorafenib in subjects with advanced renal cell carcinoma.
Click here to see information about the East Midlands Urological Society who administer audit in the region.