In 2017, the BAUS Annual Scientific Meeting will return to the historic city of Glasgow & abstract submission is now open. The conference will incorporate meetings of:
- the Section of Academic Urology
- the Section of Andrology & Genito-Urethral Surgery
- the Section of Endourology
- the Section of Female, Neurological & Urodynamic Urology
- the Office of Education Teaching & Skills Courses
Meeting registration will open in April 2017. Please click here for the registration costs.
Glasgow as a destination
For information on "what's new" since BAUS last visited Glasgow in 2012, please click here . Please click here for information on Glasgow, including how to get here, getting around and things to do.
Glasgow City Marketing Bureau have arranged a number of special offers for delegates including restaurants, tours and travel: to view the full list of offers, please click here .
Glasgow City Marketing Bureau is the official accommodation provider for the conference and has negotiated specially discounted rates with a wide range of hotels. Accommodation will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis, and the published rates will be available until 15 May 2017.
Book now to avoid disappointment, and secure the discounted rate.
Book your accommodation
The BAUS Programme Committee met earlier this year to review the 2016 Annual Meeting and to begin planning for 2017. As I am sure you are aware, the EAU is holding its conference in London in March 2017. Therefore, our Education Committee was mindful of the need to ensure the programme for BAUS next year would complement that of the EAU (and not duplicate it), and to encourage as many UK-based urologists as possible to attend BAUS by offering a distinctly different focus – not least given the limited study leave now available for meetings.
As a result, a number of major changes have been made for 2017, these include:
- reducing the length of the meeting to three days (Mon 26 – Wed 28 June)
- reducing the number of teaching courses
- reviewing the skills courses and
- reducing the number of guest lectures while still ensuring, and enhancing, the academic and scientific rigour of the conference.
The BAUS Programme Committee will review the situation after BAUS 2017 to evaluate these changes.
Abstract submission has now closed.
Submissions were invited on the following topics:
- General Urology (Male LUTS/Emergency/Trauma)
- Female Urology and Bladder Dysfunction
- Bladder Cancer Diagnosis/Treatment
- History of Urology
- Renal Cancer/Testis Cancer/Sarcoma
- Stones/Imaging/Upper Tract Disorders
- Basic Science
- Prostate Cancer - Diagnosis
- Prostate Cancer - Treatment
- Andrology/Penile Cancer/Reconstruction
The following session is still available for BAUS 2017:
- Wednesday 28 June 08.00 - 09.00hr
Download the Satellite Session Brochure and Booking Form for more information and to complete the booking form.
The cost of a stand will be £275 or £285 per square metre (plus VAT at the prevailing rate), depending on the location of the stand within the hall. Costs will be clearly detailed in the Exhibition and Sponsorship Brochure.
Download the Exhibition & Sponsorship Brochure and the Stand & Sponsorship Booking Forms for more information.
We will be accepting completed booking forms from 11:00 (GMT) on Wednesday 23 November 2016 on a first-come, first-served basis.
Download the Exhibition Stand Plan
Organised by: The Events Team of The British Association of Urological Surgeons
Phone Number: +44 (0)207 869 6950