- The first author must be a Foundation or Core Trainee (on 31 March)
- Trainess may submit either a urologically-based audit or a quality-improvement project (QuIP)
- The audit must have been completed within the last two years
- The audit may be one of process, outcome or both
- The audit/QuIP must be urologically based
- Ethical approval should have be obtained and evidenced (if required)
- The audit supervisor must be a urological surgeon and a member of BAUS in good standing
- Ideally, a re-audit should have been completed (or an assessment performed) to show how the changes have improved care or service provision, although this is not essential for entry
- The report should be submitted as a Word document via e-mail with a separate cover letter (addressed to Mr Dominic Hodgson, BAUS Educational Lead for Foundation & Core Trainees)
- The cover letter should include the name of the first author, the deanery / hospital where the first author works, contact details (phone and e-mail), names of all the authors who have contributed to the audit report & should give details of all the authors individual contributions (note - all authors must have contributed)
- It is regretted that only the first author will qualify for the award of a certificate and additional certificates for any other contributors will not be available
- The name of the institution and authors should be in the cover letter but not in the report
- The report should be no more than 2000 words (excluding title, an abstract of no more than 250 words, tables, figures, authors and references)
- Figures and tables should number no more than 8 in total
- All references should be in Harvard style
- The report should be double-spaced in Arial 11pt
- The Audit report should be in the format: Abstract, Introduction, Aims, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusions and Recommendations.
- The QuIP report should be in the format: Abstract, Introduction, Aims, Measures, Changes, Method, Results, Action, Re-assesssment and Summary.
Audits will be judged on:
- Relevance to clinical practice
- Comparison with existing literature
- Clarity of the report
- Appropriateness of methodology
- Understanding of the audit cycle
- Analysis of findings
- Suitability of recommendations
- Impact on patient care
Friday 10 March 2017
Further information can be obtained from Mr Dominic Hodgson (BAUS Educational Lead for Foundation & Core Trainees) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at the BAUS Office. Covering letters and reports (in Word® format) should be submitted to Charlotte Taylor at the e-mail address above, no later than the closing date.
Download a check-list to ensure that you have met all the required criteria before submitting your report. All received reports will be acknowledged. If you do not receive an acknowledgement by e-mail, please contact the BAUS Office on +44 (0)20 7869 6953.