In 2019, the BAUS Annual Scientific Meeting will return to the historic city of Glasgow.
Abstract submission for BAUS 2019 has now closed. If you submitted an abstract, results were sent out on 12 February. If you have not received confirmation, please email the Events Team. Submissions were invited on the following topics:
- General Urology / Male LUTS / Emergency / Trauma
- Female Urology / Bladder Dysfunction
- Bladder Cancer Diagnosis / Treatment
- History of Urology
- Renal Cancer / Testis Cancer/Sarcoma
- Stones / Imaging / Upper Tract Disorders
- Management / Governance / Education / Quality Improvement
- Prostate Cancer
- Andrology / Penile Cancer / Reconstruction
- Getting It Right First Time (GIRFT) - submissions from non-Consultant and non-Associate Specialist grade doctors ONLY (successful submissions will be presented in the ePoster Competition during the BAUS Section of Trainees Session)
The BAUS 2019 preliminary programme will be available in mid-March. If you would like to be added to the advanced mailing list, please email the Events Team.
Please click here for the BAUS 2019 Meeting Preview
Key Meeting Features
The conference will incorporate annual meetings of:
- Section of Andrology & Genito-Urethral Surgery
- Managing Genital Emergencies;
- Male Infertility;
- Survivorship After Prostate Cancer; and
- Varicocele Returns.
- Section of Female, Neurological & Urodynamic Urology
- State of the Art Lectures;
- Can't Pee Won't Pee;
- The Mesh Crisis; and
- NICE Guidelines.
It will also include:
- Section of Oncology
- Urology in the Elderly; and
- Advanced & Recurrent Disease.
- Section of Endourology
- The Stone MDT in the Era of NICE Stone Guidelines; and
- When Not to Operate.
- Men’s Health Session (led by Prof. Roger Kirby with speakers including Prof Culley Carson as well as The Urology Foundation Guest Lecture)
- BURST Session
- MPS Medicolegal session (with Angela Grahame QC & GMC Speaker)
- Meeting of BSoT (with Guest Speaker Adam Kay, Comedian and Author of "This is Going to Hurt")
- Innovations session (led by Prof Tony Young OBE)
- Highlights and Breaking News – an excellent way to end the meetings with a round-up of the last 12 months (chaired by Suzanne Biers)
- University Challenge - a team of Consultants takes on a team of trainees (with your quiz master Duncan Summerton)
- State of the Art ePoster Presentations
- Sponsored Satellite Session: Astellas Oncology, Tuesday 25th June – 13.15-14.00
BAUS – Dr Neil Spenceley, Consultant Paediatric Intensivist
BJUI – Professor Dame Sue Hill, Chief Scientific Officer of England
BSoT – Adam Kay, Comedian and Author of "This is Going to Hurt"
JCU – Bill Turnbull, BBC Presenter and former BBC Breakfast host
Trainee specific sessions
- Bouncing Back; guidance and support for trainees unsuccessful at National Selection
- Core Trainees in Urology
Office of Education
- Skills Course: MRI & Target Biopsy Skills Course
- Teaching Courses
- Research Methodology
- Clinical Leads
- Urology Finishing School
- Paediatric Urology
- Male Factor Infertility
- BJUI Sponsored: Interview Skills for Trainees
- Modern Management of Urinary Stone Disease.
This meeting has been accredited with CME points as follows:
- Monday 24 June: 6 Points
- Tuesday 25 June: 6 Points
- Wednesday 27 June: 6 Points
Drinks Reception at Glasgow City Chambers, Monday 24th June – 18.30 to 20.30
Early registration opens in mid-March 2019 until midnight on 31 May. Standard registration applies from 00.00 on 1 June. If you would like to be added to the mailing list, please email the Events Team.
Glasgow Convention Bureau has created an accommodation micro-site for all delegates and exhibitors attending BAUS 2019.
Please note: The booking deadline for all allocations is 13 May 2019 (i.e. six weeks before the start of the conference). However, if the hotels have availability and there is demand, the booking site will remain available until two weeks before the start of the conference, 10 June 2019.
If you are staying longer in Scotland please click here for further information
Satellite Sessions, Sponsorship and Exhibition
Please click here for further information on booking a Satellite Session, Exhibition Stand & Sponsorship Opportunities. All confirmed Exhibition Bookings have been sent the BAUS 2019 Exhibition Manual. If you have not received your copy, please email the Events Team.
Click here to view the BAUS 2019 Exhibition Floor Plan. Please note: Exhibition Stand & Sponsorship bookings will close at 10:00hr on 31 May 2019.
If you wish to be added to the BAUS Exhibitor Database and to be contacted for future events, click here to complete the database submission form.
BAUS 2019 is supported by VisitScotland National Bid Fund and Glasgow Convention Bureau. Click on the logos above for further information.
This event is approved for CME
Organised by: The Events Team of The British Association of Urological Surgeons
Phone Number: +44 (0)207 869 6950