Da Vinci Robotic Urology Course
22 May 2018 09:00 - 23 May 2018 17:00
Newcastle Surgical Training Centre, Freeman Hospital, Freeman Road, High Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne NE7 7DN
Download Event to Calendar
The Robotic Urology Course 2017 iuses fresh-frozen cadavers to help participants:
- become familiar with the function and operation of the da Vinci® Surgical System
- become familiar with the ergonomics of the da Vinci® Surgical System robot and the available robotic instrumentation
- understand the selection process for patient position, da Vinci surgical team position and robotic surgical approaches
- become familiar with the technique of robotic surgery intracorporeal suturing and knot tying
- learn "tricks of the trade" to make robotic surgical procedures more efficient without much complication.
- learn robotic tissue dissection techniques using monopolar bipolar, harmonic and plasma kinetic energy in robotic surgery.
- learn intracorporeal suturing and knotting to perform robotic surgery
- learn scientific port position to do proper docking during robotic surgery
- learn baseball diamond concept of port position of robotic surgery
- learn ergonomic principles of robotic surgery for proper and trouble-free surgery.
- learn bowel anastomosis and tremor free pyeloplasty da Vinci robot
The robotic-assisted procedures included in the training course are:
- lymph node dissection
- radical prostatectomy
← Other events