This course is designed for surgeons, urologists, and multi-disciplinary teams to gain system knowledge and develop a working understanding of the da Vinci robot andto learn technical skills useful in the operating theatre. The desired result from this event is that the learner increases or enhances his knowledge and competence in urologic robotic surgery including discussing the surgical technique for safe and effective robotic surgery, indications and contraindications, and methods to manage complications.
The aims of the course are:
- to become familiar with the function and operation of the da Vinci® Surgical System
- to become familiar with the ergonomics of the da Vinci® Surgical System robot and the available robotic instrumentation
- to understand the selection process for patient position, da Vinci surgical team position and robotic surgical approaches
- to become familiar with the technique of robotic surgery intracorporeal suturing and knot tying
- to learn "tricks of the trade" to make robotic surgical procedures more efficient without much complication.
- to learn robotic tissue dissection techniques using monopolar, bipolar, harmonic and plasmakinetic energy in robotic surgery.
- to learn intracorporeal suturing and knotting to perform robotic surgery
- to learn scientific port position to do proper docking during robotic surgery
- to learn baseball diamond concept of port position of robotic surgeryt
- o learn ergonomic principle of robotic surgery for proper and trouble free surgery.
- to learn bowel anastomosis and tremor free pyeloplasty da Vinci robot
Procedures, performed on fresh-frozen cadavers will include robotic assisted cystectomy, lymph node dissection, prosttatectomy and nephrectomy.