The BAUS Section of Endourology, in association with the Cuschieri Skills Centre Dundee, would like to invite you to participate in a forthcoming laparoscopic training course.
This re-developed, two-day course provides urological trainees with a hands-on opportunity to advance their laparoscopic skills up to intermediate level, and builds on core techniques up to the rehearsal of laparoscopic nephrectomy, pyeloplasty, and partial nephrectomy.
The course is suitable for ST1s or above, as well as Consultants who wish to adopt these techniques. The course uses specially-designed animal tissue phantoms and virtual reality simulation. Close supervision is provided by expert urologists.
The course provides;
- access technique, insufflation, camera orientation exercise
- virtual reality simulations skills exercises
- ergonomics in laparoscopic surgery
- tissue dissection exercises
- safe use of electrosurgery and other energized dissection devices
- tissue extraction/port closure
- laparoscopic suturing
- expert session: laparoscopic nephrectomy
- laparoscopic right and left nephrectomy on a calf model
- laparoscopic pyeloplasty
- laparoscopic partial nephrectomy