This is a one-and-a-half-day, hands-on, practical course for a maximum of 10 participants
The ideal attendee is a urological trainee who is already undertaking, or about to start, training in endoscopic urology.
The emphasis during the course will be hands-on training using animal tissue models and Thiel embalmed human cadavers.
The course will be taught by Consultant Urologists. The atmosphere is relaxed and informal, allowing easy exchange of ideas and experiences.
The programme includes:
- anatomy, equipment & technique for Ureteroscopy
- anatomy, equipment & techniques for TURP and TURBT
- hands-on exercise on ureteroscopy, stone extraction and stent insertion
- expert sessions
- safe use electrosurgery
- hands-on exercises using tissue models for TURP & TURBT
- hands-on exercises for TURP and ureteroscopy on human cadavers (preserved with Thiel method)
- close supervision and immediate feedback from expert
- discussion on results, common errors, and complications of TURP, TURBT & ureteroscopy