The BAUS Section of Endourology, in association with the Cuschieri Skills Centre, Dundee, would like to invite you to participate in a forthcoming laparoscopic training course. The courses will be held in the superb training venue located at Ninewells Hospital & Medical School, Dundee.
This newly re-developed, two-day course provides urological trainees hands-on opportunity to train in laparoscopic skills up to intermediate level, and builds on core techniques up to the rehearsal of laparoscopic nephrectomy, pyeloplasty, and partial nephrectomy. Suitable for ST1 (or above) and consultants who wish to adopt these techniques, the course uses specially-designed training animal tissue phantoms and virtual reality simulation. Close supervision is provided by expert urologists.
The course provides
- Access technique, insufflation, camera orientation exercise
- Virtual reality simulations skills exercises
- Ergonomics in laparoscopic surgery
- Tissue dissection exercise
- Safe use of electrosurgery and other energized dissection devices
- Tissue extraction/port closure
- Laparoscopic suturing
- Expert session: laparoscopic nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic right and left nephrectomy on a calf model
- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty
- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy
Professor Ghulam Nabi (Ninewells Hospital, Dundee), Mr Grigorios Athanasiadis (Aberdeen), Mr Zeeshan Aslam (Ninewells Hospital, Dundee), Dr Benjie Tang (Ninewells Hospital, Dundee)