This is a one day training course aimed at surgical care practitioners and allied health professionals working as first assistants. The course offers a mix of lectures, case presentations, opportunities to share experience and hands-on practical experience with the latest Da Vinci robotic system. The outline programme includes:
- the roles and responsibilities of first assistant
- the team practicalities of becoming a robotic surgical care practitioner
- Hands-On Experience
- port placement
- instrument insertion and removal
- emergency scenarios
Delegates will be expected to have at least some level of experience. Please make contact with the course organiser (using the links below) if you have any queries relating to this.
- Jonathan Aning, Consultant Urological Robotic Surgeon, Bristol
- Sarah Crosswell, Urology Theatre Sister, Bristol
- Beatriz Mora, Urology Robotic Surgical Care Practitioner, Bristol
- Sharon Barratt, Urology Robotic Surgical Care Practitioner, Bristol
- Paul Asprey – Da Vinci
Delegate fee: £100 (strictly limited to 10 delegates).
Course dinner: option available for those arriving in Bristol the evening before.
There is also an option for delegates to come and observe for the day, on the Friday before the course, at no extra cost. This is limited to four people and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis