Our 2-day masterclass provides a space for physicians and other healthcare professionals that are interested in new diagnostic techniques and minimally invasive approaches to treating prostate cancer, where they can get to grips with integrating these technologies into their practice. The course will focus on teaching practical elements while providing a solid academic foundation of the benefits of this new modern approach.
The key learning objectives are to gain a practical understanding of:
- how to carry out and look at multi-parametric MRI scans from the perspective of a non-radiology healthcare professional;
- the different forms of prostate targeted biopsies including visually directed and MRI/Ultrasound fusion biopsy including when biopsy can be avoided in newly referred patients;
- local treatment principles including learning about the differing focal treatment energy modalities and how to select the appropriate energy for each case;
- principles for performing salvage treatments for failure after radiotherapy and focal therapy; and
- foundations of integration between radiology and urology departments for an integrated image-based treatment and diagnostic pathway.