This unique, one-day training course combines live RALPN procedures with intraoperative ultrasound imaging. Live audio-visual feeds from theatre will transmit the cases directly to the seminar room with two-way interaction. The course will help you:
- develop your ultrasound technique and operative protocol;
- understand the value of preoperative surgical planning with ultrasound, CT and 3D vascular mapping to determine the optimal approach for nephron sparing surgery;
- understand the techniques of real-time intraoperative ultrasound imaging of the kidney to identify an endophytic tumour or mark the margins of a tumour prior to resection;
- understand the value of indocyanine green (ICG) and intraoperative contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) for selective ischaemia in a precious kidney; and
- understand how to overcome the challenges of sticky fat and use CEUS to demonstrate the watershed between perfused and non-perfused renal tissue.
The "Tips and Tricks" presentation offers an insight into the challenges frequently encountered during RALPN, with suggestions and solutions to overcome problems.
This course delivers a complete 360° overview of RALPN from a highly experienced team of professionals. The course is aimed at Consultants wishing to develop their expertise and improve surgical outcomes with their use of intraoperative ultrasound during RALPN.
The cost of the course is £100 (plus VAT).