This newly re-developed, two-day course provides urological trainees with a hands-on opportunity to train in laparoscopic skills up to intermediate level, and builds on core techniques up to the rehearsal of laparoscopic nephrectomy, pyeloplasty, and partial nephrectomy using animal tissue models.
Suitable for SpR1 or above, and Consultants who wish to adopt these techniques, the course uses specially designed animal tissue phantoms and virtual reality simulation. Close supervision is provided by expert urologists.
The course provides:
- Access techniques, port closure, insufflation, camera orientation exercise
- Ergonomics in laparoscopic surgery
- Tissue dissection exercise
- Safe use of electrosurgery and other advanced energized dissection devices
- Tissue extraction & port closure
- Laparoscopic suturing skills
- Expert session: avoiding error complications in laparoscopic surgery
- Expert session: laparoscopic nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic right and left nephrectomy on a calf model
- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty on animal tissue model
- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy on animal tissue model