The BAUS Section of Endourology, in association with the DIHS, Dundee, would like to invite you to participate in a forthcoming Laparoscopic Training Course. The course will be held in our superb training venue located at Ninewells Hospital & Medical School, Dundee, Scotland.
This newly re-developed two-day course provides urological trainees with the hands-on opportunity to gain laparoscopic skills up to intermediate level, and builds on core techniques up to the rehearsal of laparoscopic nephrectomy, pyeloplasty, and partial nephrectomy on animal tissue models.
The course is suitable for SpR1 or above, and for Consultants who wish to adopt these techniques. The course uses specially designe, training, animal tissue phantoms and virtual reality simulation. Close supervision is provided by expert urologists.
The course provides
- Access techniques, post closure, insufflation, camera orientation exercise
- Ergonomics in laparoscopic surgery
- Tissue dissection exercise
- Safe use of electrosurgery and other advance, energized, dissection devices
- Tissue extraction/port closure
- Laparoscopic suturing skills
- Expert session: avoid error complications in laparoscopic surgery
- Expert session: laparoscopic nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic right and left nephrectomy on a calf model
- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty on animal tissue model
- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy on animal tissue model