The Basic Urodynamics Course, run by the Bristol Urological Institute, is a 2-day course designed to evaluate the place of urodynamics in clinical urology and gynaecology.
The course covers the theory of urodynamics and offers some “hands on” sessions with urodynamic equipment and the urodynamic staff.
The course is intended for doctors, nurses, technicians and/or anyone allied to urodynamics who have little or no urodynamic experience.
- appreciation of the philosophy behind urodynamic studies (UDS) as part of patient investigation;
- basic knowledge of the principles behind the measurement of urine flow and pressure;
- basic knowledge of the techniques of flow and pressure measurement;
- ability to interpret straightforward urodynamic traces;
- appreciation of the artefacts seen during UDS; and
- basic ability to operate urodynamic equipment.