Individual Grant award: £600
The Urology Foundation wishes to support those working in urology to improve their knowledge of and skills in urology through education and training. We invite urologists (including consultants and trainees) and nurses who specialise in urology, to submit an application for a grant of up to £600 to attend an educational or training course or conference which you feel would help you in your clinical practice. As the fund is limited, this is a competitive grant, judged by the Scientific and Education Committee and a Nursing Panel. Up to two awards can be made per quarter.
Grants for courses are awarded quarterly. Closing dates are:
- 1 January
- 1 April
- 1 July
- 1 October
The award must be taken up within a six-month period, otherwise the grant will be forfeit. Grants are not transferable.
Please include the following information in your applications:
- The name and location of the course / conference
- The reason for attending and the benefit that would be derived from attendance
- A letter of support from the head of department or supervisor
- A current curriculum vitae (pertinent details only – maximum of 2 pages)
The first two above should take up no more than one side of A4 and must be on your hospital or practice letterhead.
Criteria for funding
All applications submitted by the due date will be circulated to The Urology Foundation’s Scientific & Education Committee or Nursing Panel for consideration, and a decision should be received within three weeks. In the event of over-subscription, the following criteria will be taken into account:
- Attendance at a conference directly related to your speciality
- The potential benefit that would be derived from the course/conference
Preference will be shown to those who may be presenting a research paper funded by TUF In addition, grant recipients must agree to the following terms:
- Must acknowledge TUF funding
- Must produce a short report of the visit