Medical Student Membership Applications
If you would like to apply for membership of BAUS as a medical student, then please complete the form below and click the 'Submit Your Application' button.
Medical School / University Address
Please give the name of one BAUS member (in good standing) to support your application for membership.
For medical students at university in the UK and Republic of Ireland - you may wish to ask your BAUS Medical Student Champion to be your sponsor (details on the BAUS website). The BAUS website also has details of BAUS members on the Find a Surgeon pages (see link).
On receipt of your application we will contact the member you have asked to support your application to confirm their agreement. In the event they do not reply, or do not confirm their support, we will revert back to you.
Membership Start Date
For applications submitted up to 10 working days from the end of a calendar month – membership will start on the first day of the next month (ie application submitted on 11 February – membership will start on 1 March).
For applications submitted less than 10 working days from the end of a calendar month – membership will start from the first day of the second subsequent month (ie application submitted on 27 February – membership will start from 1 April).
Terms and Conditions of Membership
- On payment of a subscription of £20 the applicant will become a Medical Student Member of The British Association of Urological Surgeons for a period of 12 months. Note - Medical Students will be informal (non-voting) members of BAUS and will not have access to the Members Section of the BAUS website.
- The membership fee is non-refundable.
- Membership may be removed by resolution of the Trustees on the ground that in their reasonable opinion the member’s continued membership is harmful to the charity.
- The Trustees may only pass such a resolution after notifying the member in writing and considering the matter in the light of any written representations which the member concerned puts forward within 14 clear days after receiving notice.
In completing this form you will provide personal information and, if your membership application is successful, BAUS will retain this information having regard to relevant data protection legislation. If you remain as a member of BAUS the information you have provided will be updated over time so that we have up to date information about your grade and post and current contact details.
We use the information you provide to us in a number of ways, specifically BAUS will:
- Send you updates, newsletters and notifications of BAUS events.
- Use your data to further advance the mission of the Association.
BAUS will not sell your details to any third parties. BAUS will not share your details with any unrelated third parties, without your consent, unless we are legally obliged to do so. If you do not renew your Medical Student membership BAUS will delete your personal data within 12 months.
We will take all reasonable physical, electronic and administrative steps to safeguard and protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised use, access, inadvertent disclosure, alteration and destruction.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers in the European Union. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology and any credit, debit card or payment details you submit online will be processed and held by our third party payment processor, Paypal.
If you have any queries you can contact our data protection lead Patricia Hagan