- The first author must be a Foundation or Core Trainee (on the closing date)
- Trainess may submit either a urologically-based audit or a quality-improvement project (QuIP)
- The audit must have been completed within two years of the closing date
- The audit may be one of process, outcome or both
- The audit/QuIP must be urologically based
- If required, ethical approval should have be obtained and evidenced
- The audit supervisor must be a urological surgeon and a member of BAUS in good standing
- Ideally, a re-audit should have been completed (or an assessment performed) to show how the changes have improved care or service provision, although this is not essential for entry
- The report should be submitted as a Word document (Surname.doc) via e-mail with a separate cover letter (addressed to Mr Dominic Hodgson, BAUS Educational Lead for Foundation & Core Trainees)
- The cover letter should include the name of the first author, the deanery / hospital where the first author works, contact details (phone and e-mail), names of all the authors who have contributed to the audit report & should give details of all the authors individual contributions (note - all authors must have contributed)
- It is regretted that only the first author will qualify for the award of a certificate and additional certificates for any other contributors will not be available
- The name of the institution and authors should be in the cover letter but not in the report
- The report should be no more than 1500 words (excluding title, an abstract of no more than 250 words, tables, figures, authors and references)
- Figures and tables should number no more than 8 in total
- All references should be in Harvard style
- The report should be double-spaced in Arial 11pt
- Audit reports should be in the format: Abstract, Introduction, Aims, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusions and Recommendations.
- QuIP reports should be in the format: Abstract, Introduction, Aims, Measures, Changes, Methods, Results, Action, Re-assesssment and Summary.
Audits will be judged on:
- Relevance to clinical practice
- Comparison with existing literature
- Clarity of the report
- Appropriateness of methodology
- Understanding of the audit cycle
- Analysis of findings
- Suitability of recommendations
- Impact on patient care
11.00hr on Wednesday 13 February 2019.
Further information can be obtained from Mr Dominic Hodgson (BAUS Educational Lead for Foundation & Core Trainees) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Covering letters and reports (in Word™ format) should be submitted to email@example.com, no later than the closing date.
Download a check-list to ensure that you have met all the required criteria before submitting your report. All received reports will be acknowledged. If you do not receive an acknowledgement by e-mail, please contact the BAUS Office on +44 (0)20 7869 6950 It is your responsibility to confirm that your entry has been received.