The Educational Lead for medical students (undergraduates) is Mr Ben Ayres (pictured right), Consultant Urological Surgeon at St George's University Hospital, London. Click here to send an email or contact him via his Twitter feed.
BSoT have a Medical Student Representative, James Akman, on their Executive Committee. Click here to send him an email or contact him via his Twitter feed.
BAUS Aims for Medical Students
BAUS wishes to achieve three things for medical students:
- To raise the quality of urological care, including;
- timely & appropriate referrals of urological conditions from community & acute settings;
- reduced iatrogenic (e.g. catheter-related) harm & missed diagnoses; and
- effective, evidence-based initial management of common conditions by junior doctors
- To increase medical student interest in urology as a career choice, with the ultimate aim of increasing the urological workforce; and
- To facilitate medical students' interest in urology as a career by maximising their potential & development.
To encourage medical students to take a more in-depth interest in urology, BAUS has recently introduced a scheme that allows medical students to become special members of BAUS.
PLEASE NOTE: Student membership is only open to medical students from medical schools in the UK & Republic of Ireland: it is not available to overseas medical students.
Click here to apply for Medical Student membership of BAUS