Annual General Meetings
The BAUS AGM is normally held during the BAUS Annual Scientific Meeting. In 2020, the Annual Scientific Meeting will be held virtually, due to COVID-19, but BAUS is required to hold an AGM in 2020.
The Trustees of BAUS have, therefore, agreed to convene an AGM under the provisions of Schedule 14 of the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 which assists companies with the constitutional problems caused by lockdown. The provisions allow companies to delay a general meeting up to 30 September and apply temporary relaxations to the manner in which the meeting is to be held.
The temporary relaxations mean that:
- the meeting (AGM) need not be held at any particular place;
- the meeting may be held, and any votes may be permitted to be cast, by electronic means or any other means;
- the meeting may be held without any number of those participating in the meeting being together at the same place; and
- a member of the qualifying body does not have a right
- to attend the meeting in person
- to participate in the meeting other than by voting, or
- to vote by particular means.
The Trustees are, therefore, calling the Annual General Meeting to be held at 08.00 hr (BST) on Tuesday 29 September 2020. It is expected the meeting will be finished by 08.45 hr. The AGM will be held using Zoom.
Click here to download the agenda for the 11th Annual General Meeting (AGM); also included with this agenda are the minutes of the 10th AGM held on Tuesday 25 June 2019 at the SEC in Glasgow
The Trustees wish to bring forward changes to the Articles of Association to this AGM and, at this meeting, there will be a vote on these changes. The quorum for the meeting will, therefore, be 80 voting members and, of those voting, a three quarters majority is required to pass the resolution. Proxy voting will be available.
The Trustees encourage members to participate in the meeting by exercising their voting rights by registering attendance and, if at all uncertain about attending, by sending in the proxy voting form in advance. If a member does appoint a proxy, and attends the meeting and votes, the member’s proxy appointment will automatically be terminated.
All members who wish to attend the AGM must pre-register. Click here to register for the AGM, to download the proxy voting form and for further printed information about the changes proposed above. * (see below)
* Your username for accessing the BAUS website is usually your first initial and surname. You can use the forgotten password link if you have forgotten your password.
Papers from Previous AGMs