BAUS Oncology Newsletter - May 2022
A quick update on what’s happening in BAUS Oncology
1. NATIONAL CANCER AUDITS
- National Kidney Cancer Audit - delighted to announce a fully commissioned kidney cancer audit;
- National Prostate Cancer Audit - going from strength to strength and delivering QI initiatives;
- National Bladder Cancer Audit - gathering momentum, working with FBC, ABC & RCR, 3 step plan ;
- Capture metrics in BCa care in the UK (NMIBC- RESECT and MIBC - MITRE);
- Stakeholder engagement & raise bladder cancer profile; and
- Business case for fully funded NBCA 2024 (UK wide).
- MDTs of clinical, service & training challenges in Urological cancer;
- Patients in MDT panels;
- Training courses - robotics for beginners and transperineal biopsies; and
- Click here to register, if you haven’t already done so.
3. AUDITS - Featuring all bladder cancer audits in BAUS Birmingham- a must see session
4. TRIALS AND GRANTS
- PARTIAL - Radical vs partial nephrectomy for renal tumours- Fully funded- Starts early 2023;
- GUSTO - NAC + RC vs genome directed Rx + RC for MIBC starting 2023;
- ELIPSE - PLND vs No PLND in high-risk prostate cancer- submitted to NIHR for Stage 1 funding;
- OMEN PET- SOC vs RARP in occult mets on PSMA PET- submitted to "Dragon’s Den";
- Have research idea you want us to progress – please send us your proposals; and
- Funding opportunities – grants available from NIHR, TUF, PCUK, MRC & CRUK.
5. HAVE AN IDEA?
We’d love to hear from you. See who we are, what we do and how to get in touch.
Chair, BAUS Section of Oncology
View other news