Renal Colic Audit
This audit will collect data on the assessment and management of emergency admissions with suspected or confirmed renal/ureteric colic.
The launch of this audit was delayed owing to the COVID-19 pandemic. The audit will now launch in November 2020 with data on patients presenting in November 2020 to be collected in March 2021 to allow for follow up.
The main principles of the audit are:
- data collection will be retrospective (data collection month to be specified in due course) to allow entry of follow-up data where applicable;
- anonymised unit level data only will be collected;
- the data will be collected using JotForm, which is computer, tablet and smartphone-compatible;
- questions for the dataset are bneing finalised by the Section of Endourology and will be piloted in Summer 2020;
- national feedback, and feedback to individual units, will enable benchmarking and quality improvement.
Clinical Audit Leads for Urology in each unit in the UK will oversee the audit locally, and will co-ordinate unit responses.
Participation in this audit will provide Consultants with supporting documentation of involvement in QIP/Audit in their five-year revalidation cycle. Participating trainees will be able to demonstrate involvement in national audit at their Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP)