Renal Colic Audit
This audit will collect data on the assessment and management of emergency admissions with suspected or confirmed renal/ureteric colic.
The audit will include all patients presenting during May 2020, with actual data submission taking place in November 2020.
The main principles of the audit are:
- data collection will be retrospective, in November 2020, to allow entry of follow-up data where applicable;
- anonymised unit level data only will be collected;
- the data will be collected using JotForm, which is computer, tablet and smartphone-compatible;
- questions for the dataset are bneing finalised by the Section of Endourology and will be piloted in April 2020;
- national feedback, and feedback to individual units, will enable benchmarking and quality improvement.
Clinical Audit Leads for Urology in each unit in the UK will oversee the audit locally, and will co-ordinate unit responses.
Participation in this audit will provide Consultants with supporting documentation of involvement in QIP/Audit in their five-year revalidation cycle. Participating trainees will be able to demonstrate involvement in national audit at their Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP)