Renal Colic Audit
This audit will collect baseline data on the assessment and management of patients presenting with renal colic.
Data will be collected on patients presenting in November 2020, with data submission taking place in March 2021 to allow for follow up.
The main principles of the audit are:
- data collection will be retrospective;
- anonymised unit level data only will be collected;
- the data will be collected using JotForm, which is computer, tablet and smartphone-compatible;
- the dataset will contain a maximum of 41 questions covering patient assessment, management and follow-up; and
- national feedback, and feedback to individual units, will enable benchmarking and quality improvement.
Clinical Audit Leads for Urology in each unit in the UK will oversee the audit locally, and will co-ordinate unit responses.
Participation in this audit will provide Consultants with supporting documentation of involvement in QIP/Audit in their five-year revalidation cycle. Participating trainees will be able to demonstrate involvement in national audit at their Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP)