Skip to main content

Koch Urethroscope

Treatment of strictures

Designed by Dr Henry Koch of Rochester, New York, USA in 1899, the Koch urethroscope was the first to use the Preston cold lamp as a light source.

Koch H. The urethroscope in the treatment of strictures. Journal of Cutaneous and Genitourinary Diseases 1900;18:22

In the central exhibit, the urethroscope is disassembled showing the outer sheath, the obturator and the light source. The right-hand exhibit clearly shows the size (21Ch) and demonstrates the two channels: the wide working channel above, and the narrower light-source channel below.

This Koch urethroscope was made by The Electrosurgical Instrument Company of 37 Centennial Street, Rochester, NY 14611, USA.


← Back to Urethroscopes

Tags