Won the 1913 Grand Prix & Gold Medal
This aero-urethroscope was produced by the Holborn Surgical Instrument Company Ltd from 1919.
It was designed and patented by the director of the company, Mark Cubbon Rimmer, in 1918.
It uses air insufflation to distend the urethra, operated by the small rubber bellows on the right of both images, rather similar to a conventional sigmoidoscope.
A protoype Holborn aero-urethroscope won the Grand Prix and Gold medal at the 17th London Medical Congress in 1913.
← Back to Urethroscopes