The 1950 BAUS Annual Scientific Meeting was held from 30 June to 2 July 1950 at Manchester University Medical School (pictured upper right), Coupland Street, Manchester.
The Medical School moved to the new Stopford Building in 1974 and the old building (pictured right) was refurbished in 2016 to house the Faculties of Law, Dentistry & Humanities.
Click here to download the meeting programme, together with the minutes of the Annual General Meeting.
The Annual Dinner took place on 30 June at the Midland Hotel, Manchester with about 130 members in attendance.
On 1 July, the meeting moved to The Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute (pictured lower right), where the main topic under discussion was "The treatment of carcinoma of the bladder".
Operating sessions and clinical demonstrations also took place at The Christie Hospital, Ancoats Hospital, Oldham Royal Infirmary, Preston Royal Infirmary, Rochdale Infirmary, Withington Hospital and Salford Royal Hospital.
This, the first BAUS meeting in a provincial centre in England, was felt to have been "a most happy and successful one".
← Back to BAUS Annual Meetings