Clifford Morson was born in 1881 and educated at Haileybury College and the Middlesex Hospital London.
At the Middlesex Hospital, he was Cancer Registrar and pioneered radiotherapy for urological cancers.
During World War II, he served in the RNVR and received an OBE for his service.
He became the second President of BAUS and was instrumental in uniting London's urological hospitals, the "three P's".
This autograph was sourced from 1906. For more detailed biographical information, go to Clifford Morson's entry in the Famous Urologists' Room or his entry in Plarr's Lives of the Fellows Online.
Source of the Autograph
This autograph appears on Clifford Morson's certificate for Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (MRCS). It is amonst the Morson papers held by BAUS. The President of the Royal College of Surgeons at the time was Sir Henry Morris, his signature is also on Morson's certificate and is included in our Autograph Cupboard. The first autograph (below) was sourced from 1906, when he was only 25.
← Back to The Autograph Cupboard