Treatment of strictures
Designed by Dr Henry Koch of Rochester, New York, USA in 1899, the Koch urethroscope was the first to use the Preston cold lamp as a light source.
Koch H. The urethroscope in the treatment of strictures. Journal of Cutaneous and Genitourinary Diseases 1900;18:22
In the central exhibit, the urethroscope is disassembled showing the outer sheath, the obturator and the light source. The right-hand exhibit clearly shows the size (21Ch) and demonstrates the two channels: the wide working channel above, and the narrower light-source channel below.
This Koch urethroscope was made by The Electrosurgical Instrument Company of 37 Centennial Street, Rochester, NY 14611, USA.
← Back to Urethroscopes